Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Man....I sure could use that!"

When we moved here to grandma Johnson's we had to put most of our stuff in storage. We only have clothes, shoes, and some toys for the kids. A day doesn't go by that I don't say to myself "Man, I wish I had that!" You don't realize how often you use stuff until you don't have stuff to use. Christmas is coming up and I realized today that my kids need their stockings and grandma doesn't usually put up a tree, so basically we need to search our storage for all our Christmas stuff. It's hard not having the stuff on hand when you need it. It's almost like being on the mission again or living in the dorms at college. You pretty much don't have anything but what's in your suitcase. Thankfully grandma has been so wonderful and if she doesn't have what we need she will go out of her way to help us figure something out. She even went out and bought a blender because I mentioned about mine and John said he likes to make orange julius but he would need a blender to make them. Life, sometimes, sure does blow us too and fro but it is our attitude that helps to keep us grounded. I guess there are days that I also say about having a good attitude, "Man...I sure could use some of that!"

No comments: