Tuesday, November 11, 2008
As if you were the last people on earth!
It's always amazing to me to see how inconsiderate other people can be. It is like they are the only people on this planet and they can just do things how they want to, when they want to. I think you all know those people or maybe you are one. Those are the people who stop there shopping cart right in the middle of the aisle so that there is no room for anyone to get by on either side. When you say "Excuse me" they give you this look like how dare you interrupt my shopping. Maybe they pretend to make an effort to move their cart but without fail they end up taking up more space. Your solution is to either back up and go down the next aisle or you have to stand and wait tapping your foot hoping they will get a clue. Well, I've discovered something that might just be even more annoying and frustrating. Driving and picking up Ashlynn from school here in Utah is quite interesting. Utah drivers are not very considerate anyway but when you find a bunch of Mormon moms dropping and picking up their kids it can get a little weird. When I picked up Ashlynn today there was a lady who stopped right in the middle of the turn around like it was her own driveway. She got out of the car with this sweet smile on her face like nothing was wrong, she even waved at the rest of us stopped behind her. It's like she was thinking "Oh, what a beautiful day! The sky is gray, the weather is cold, my daughter is late from coming out of school, I have 10 cars waiting behind me for some reason, maybe they like my hair?! I'll just wait here until my daughter comes and I'm sure all these wonderful people behind me won't mind waiting a few extra minutes." Give me a brake!! Now, mind you, I'm not the 'road rage' type of person but if I had some handy button on my car I could push that would conveniently flip up some kind of sweet message or something that resembled a certain finger I probably would have pushed it just then. From now on I'm going to have to say a special prayer before I leave to take or pick Ashlynn up from school. That prayer will probably be a little something like this, "Please don't let me freak out and help me to remain calm. It's a school and their will be kids watching!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good to hear you are having fun in Ut! ;) I HATE it when someone stops and takes there sweet time in the pick up and drop off area! Makes me glad that Corbin takes the bus now.
Post a Comment