Monday, December 15, 2008

Funny kids

Yesterday our ward primary performed a few Christmas songs in sacrament meeting. Ashlynn, as usual, was a little too nervous to go up and sing but Taylor loves the spotlight so she was one of the first ones to go up. She was able to situate herself right up front which is where she loves to be. One of the songs was called 'When Joseph went to Bethlehem". At the end of the first verse the line is supposed to say "goat cheese in a little linen sack". Well, Taylor sang "goat cheese in a little women sack". I'm not sure what a women sack is but it sure does bring up some nice images in my head. Whatever that is, Taylor sure did look cute singing it.

Brayden has started to go potty like a big boy the last few days. He will go in on his own, take off his pants and sit down. The funny thing is that he just sits and laughs at all the wonderful noises he can make come out of his bum. That might be the only reason he likes to sit on the potty. He's such a boy!

Last night the kids were having a hard time going to bed so John threatened to take away their blankies if they didn't settle down and go to sleep. Ashlynn proceeded to say "I don't care, I don't need my blanket anyway!" What a stinker! John just gave me this look like "I can't believe she just said that". So, John said "well, I'll take your pillow instead". She got this sad look and said "Oh,... I do need that". I had to hold in a laugh, she looked so pathetic. Without fail, when we are trying to be serious with the kids they will say something that cracks me up. Maybe that's why they feel they can get away with everything. They know that they can always make mom laugh.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That's funny:0) I love when they are too cute to discipline.