Friday, March 6, 2009

Where's my left arm?

So.... my husband has just been released from his Sunbeam calling and has been called to be the Ward Executive Secretary. I know, we've only been teaching together for about 2 months but I feel like my left arm has just been cut off. This was the first time we have been able to serve together and it has been great. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. We know each other so well (obviously) that we were able to split up the lesson and it worked out great. I knew where he would end and I should begin and visa versa. We were like a well oiled machine except for the fact that we were teaching sunbeams and they have attention spans of about 5 minutes and we would get stories and comments all through the lesson that had nothing to do with what we were talking about. You know, your typical 3 or 4 year old. Despite all of that, we were able to make it work. So here I am trying not to freak out because I need to start working with someone I don't know. I can be a little crazy sometimes, at least that is what my husband tells me, and she might not appreciate that her co-teacher is acting just like one of the kids. O.K that is a little bit of an exaggeration but I hope you get the idea. My husband might be relieved, but I was hoping to have him around a little while longer. Anyway, it is what it is and I need to learn to deal just like with every change that comes. So, my left arm will have to be replaced and maybe it will be an upgrade. (That was for John, you know I love ya!)

1 comment:

Chanin said...

Aww...tough break. I would love to work with my hubby too. P.S. I dreamt last night that Braydon came to live with us. I have no idea why. But we were super excited. Then I woke up and only had two brothers. Bummer!