This weekend my kids decided that they wanted to build something in the mud. We have been getting a lot of rain lately so we have a lot of mud. For those of you in Arizona, rain is the wet drops that fall from those big fluffy things in the sky called clouds. Anyway, they decided to build a bug resort. After the resort was done they decided that they needed to build a playground for the kid bugs. I guess the kids need something to do while their parents are relaxing in the Resort de Prestwich. But in this instance I guess the saying "If you build it they will come" didn't really apply so the saying changed to "If we build it we will MAKE them come". The kids went around the yard looking for bugs to Invite to their resort. I think they found at least one worm and some other bugs. I'm not sure how the bugs enjoyed their little vacation, but my kids definitely enjoyed making the resort. Afterwards, needless to say, my kids were filthy. Muddy kids and a clean kitchen floor do not mix so they were instructed to take off their shoes at the door and go wash up while I made them some lunch. After announcing two or three times that their lunch was ready I realized that they must be up to something because they weren't running to the kitchen table as usual. I walked into the bathroom and found my girls sitting on the counter with their feet in the sinks "washing up" and my son filling one of our drawers up with water in order to make a "swimming pool for the Q-tips". What he didn't realize was their was water streaming out the corners of the drawer getting the floor all wet and puddles were forming under the sink getting all the spare toilet paper rolls all wet.
I think I might need to visit the Resort de Prestwich!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh the joys of motherhood! Believe me..you WILL appreciate these moments one day!
Post a Comment