Monday, August 4, 2008

Three Tornado's

Trying to keep a house clean in order for it to sale is a challenge in and of itself but add three tornado's to the mix and it is almost impossible. I clean something and turn around and it is dirty again. Just yesterday I cleaned the family room, left the room for only 20 minutes and came back and about passed out. I wish I thought to take a picture so you could fully understand what the room looked like but I will try to explain the best I can. Our family room is not that big so any little thing on the floor is a huge deal. What I found was not just any little thing. A whole bag of pretzels was dumped all over the floor, not just in one pile like an ant hill but spread all over the room. Every single DVD and a few Cd's that we own were scattered all over the room and we don't own just a few we have a lot. A whole big box, 60+ crayons, was everywhere and the front cover of our fan was hanging by just one hook on the bottom. Three coloring books with some pages ripped out where also on the floor, and my three tornado's, I mean kids, were sitting there like nothing had happened. I'm sure they planned this whole thing. I'm sure it went something like this:
"O.K. guys when mom leaves the room this is how it's going to go down." "Taylor you take care of the pretzels, and make it look bad. Brayden do your thing with the DVDs and the fan. I'll take care of the crayons and coloring stuff." Just when mom leaves the room Ashlynn whispers "Alright you guys let's move....MOVE, MOVE, MOVE we don't have much time, she will be back soon." Just a short time later, "She's coming, look natural!"
Yeah, I'm sure that is exactly what happened. This was not just your casual mess the room up stuff this was organized mess the room up in just 20 minutes stuff. I'm always a ball of stress thinking that someones going to call or show up right at that time when you can't even see the carpet because of the kids mess. At least maybe they won't notice the blue nail polish on the carpet or the huge holes Brayden cut in his curtains with the scissors.
Hey, I guess you can find a positive out of every situation no matter how hard it may seem.

2 comments:

Prestwich Family said...

You're way to forgiving! I would have killed them! I mean if they were mine!

Jamie said...

Oh your days and mine sound so similar only I am not trying to sale my house. UGHHHHH