Friday, August 1, 2008

Aniken Skywalker

Star Wars analogies are so cliche but I can't help it, so here it goes. This morning Brayden was at it again teasing his sister. Taylor is especially susceptible. I was in my room so I'm not exactly sure how it all started but I think it had something to do with "Toy Story" which is one of Brayden's favorite movies. All I heard was a blood curdling scream and Taylor running down the hall to my room. Through her gasps and heaves all I could make out was that "Brayden ......hit..........hurt.........mean." I talked to Brayden and sent them out of my room since, mind you, all this was happening at 6:00 in the morning. Not even two minutes later here comes Taylor again screaming and running into my room. This happens about 3 or 4 more times and then Brayden uses his brain and decides to quietly lock my door and close it. The next thing I hear is this evil laugh, Taylor scream and run down the hall, try to open my door and realize it's locked. She screams again and runs to Brayden's room and shuts and locks his door so Brayden can't get in. At this point I was almost ready to laugh even though I'm dead tired and had finally come to terms with the fact that I was not going to get any more sleep. Brayden proceeds to change his whole voice and starts talking in this little angel I'm so sweet and sorry voice through his door to Taylor on the other side. "Taylor, Taaaaaylor, it's me Brayden, open the door". Well it was more like "Taydda, Taaaaydda, me Bayden open door." I figured I would clean it up a bit so you would understand what he said. After that he waited a second then said "It's o.k open the door", or "It's otay open door." After a second or two I hear the door open and then this evil laugh again and Taylor scream. At this point I guess Ashlynn walks out not able to sleep because Taylor starts to tell Ashlynn everything that happened and Brayden turns into this perfect angel again.
How do you teach someone with smarts and intelligence? I want him to use his intellect for good, "Use the force Brayden, use the force". I don't want him to start out as cute, smart, loving Aniken Skywalker and turn into the feared Darth Vader. All I can tell myself is he's only two and a half, maybe he'll grow out of it. (Fingers crossed) Boys are whole different ball of wax! Those of you with more than one boy I don't know how you do it. Maybe with more than one the two can fight with each other. Brayden, I think, needs his dad to wrestle with. On the other hand, that might make things worse, who knows!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am laughing so hard!! He is too cute! And boy we may be in trouble with him, Gavin and Cal together for a few days!! Gavin is the same way must mean it comes from my side of the fam huh?