Friday, December 4, 2009

Static

I am open for suggestions on what I can do to help Taylor and her unruly static hair. She has the worst problem with static. I'm not just saying the rub you head with a balloon or stick you head under a blanket and them pull it off type of static, it is a constant problem. Her hair will stick up EVERY time I comb it, when she's at church and leans up against the bench, lays down on the bench (not rubbing her hair or anything just laying down), when she touches the roof of the car, or sometimes I just need to run my fingers through her hair and oops their it goes, static again. It seems all I need to do is look at her hair and think static and up it goes. It gets a little annoying. I can't just comb through her hair anymore, I need to wet it down to keep the static under control. Any suggestions on what I can do? She uses conditioner, which maybe she doesn't use enough, to little, or maybe doesn't get it rinsed out well enough!? I don't know what to do. Help please. Also, she used to have the sweetest smelling hair but the last year or so her hair always smells like a wet dog after she gets out of the shower or whenever it is wet. I've tried different kinds of shampoo with all different kinds of scents and it doesn't seem to work. It is like her hair absorbs every element that is floating around in the air and it comes out when she gets her hair wet. She has beautiful hair to look at but when it is touch or smelled you get static and wet dog. Open for suggestions.

5 comments:

paige said...

There's this stuff called Biosilk that I use in my hair and it works really well, but it's not cheap. If you want to try it all you have to do is squirt a quarter-sized dollop in your hand and run it through her hair while it's still wet, and then you can style it however you want. It really works well for me, but my hair's a lot different than hers. I'm pretty sure you can find it in most grocery stores if you want to try it out.

Amy said...

Another idea is to put in conditioner (just a little bit) after she gets out of the bath and don't wash it out. Also, rubbing her head with a dryer sheet occassionally works, too. Dang blond hair!

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

try the de-tangler/conditioning spray. Just spray it on and run your fingers through, don't brush it, see if it tames her hair down.

Prestwich Family said...

I was going to suggest the detangler stuff too. That or an oil based adult product to prevent frizz.

Jen said...

I know this is late, but a friend of mine that lives up there too said her daughter got major static hair when they moved their too, she spritzes a little scotch guard on a comb and combs it through. I also get it a bit here in the winter and will take a little lotion after I have put it on my hands and whatever is left will run it through my hair, but that only helps short term.