Mom definitely will remember it. I spent about 3 weeks making Ashlynn a beautiful baptism dress and two days before the baptism mom went to iron the dress and somehow the iron had been turned from low to extra high. I don't think I need to tell you what an extremely hot iron does to very delicate fabric. It burned a hole about the size of a small cantaloupe in the skirt. Mom was in complete shock and cried all the way to the store to try and find a new dress for Ashlynn to wear. Even in Utah it is very hard to find a white dress in the middle of winter. I had to go to an LDS clothing store to find a dress and luckily it was on clearance. I've saved the old dress in hopes I can figure out a way to salvage it. Who knows, maybe Taylor will be wearing it on her baptism day. Well, I need to fix my sewing machine before I can do any other mending. The sewing machine is a whole other story for another time.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Baptism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Congrats Ashlynn! Hope you were able to enjoy the day with her! Mom said it was nice and everything went well, besides the cold font. I am so sorry about her dress, I would end up in tears, but the one she has on is beautiful too.
Oh, man that stinks about the dress!! She looks beautiful and tell her congratulations, we love her and we wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment