(Disclaimer: This post is by John, Steph's husband. I do not in any way represent my wife's opinions in this post and I alone am responsible for its content...unless you don't like it, then Steph must take some of the blame for giving me her password!)
Stephanie likes to visit blogs done by family and friends and she likes to see what new songs everyone has on their playlists, so one day she told me that it was my responsibility to put songs on a playlist for her...so I did.
So what do you put on a playlist and why? I guess their is some meaning behind the songs you choose, but do you choose songs that you like (some songs you choose may send people away from your blog) or do you choose songs that you think other people will like? That was my decision to make. Although, when I was choosing songs Steph was certainly there looking over my shoulder to make sure I didn't put anything on there that wasn't up to her standards (or as she also put it, "Don't put anything inappropriate on there!") It's not like I would put put on her playlist our "Babymaking 101" CD that we have! Okay, so that CD was given to us as a wedding gift, as a joke, and we don't have it anymore. If for some reason we find it, we'll pass it along as a white elephant gift, or if someone wants it (and I can think of a few who would claim it) then just let us know. :)
There are three songs from Heavy Metal bands/singers (the Hair Bands from the 80's, you gotta love them). Now, these are the "softer" songs so don't judge the song and/or group before you listen to it. Mama I'm Coming Home is from Ozzy Osbourne...yes, that Ozzy. I like this song because I remember once he said that when he was out on tour, for a long time, he would miss his wife and when the tour was about to wrap up he would call his wife and tell her "Mama, Iim coming home." Even persons with a darker element to them can have some goodness inside...somewhere. I guess I chose the song Don't Know What You Got 'Til Its Gone because I think it has a good meaning to it as well. Fly to the Angels is performed by the group Slaughter. I liked them, at least some of their songs, before my mission. When I was on my mission there was an Elder who was a convert to the church and he had been in a Heavy Metal band. He spent one Thanksgiving with the guys from Slaughter and he remembers them telling him that this song was about the lead singer's wife who had passed away (or child, I can't remember). Two of the songs - Build and Superman - I came across when my brother left on his mission. I could have sworn he told me I could have the CD's but he says otherwise. (For arguments sake, let's just say I'm right.) I delivered pizza when I was in high school and I would listen to these all the time. At this point you're probably bored with all of reasonings for my choices, so I'll stop.
You may or may not like the songs I chose, you probably won't like all of them, but I hope you enjoy at least a couple of them. Regardless, I like them because they all take me back to times that I enjoyed growing up.
So what's the story behind your songs?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Nice post John. Jeff was wondering were some of this 80's music was when you guys were driving back from the airport ;)
Post a Comment