We did plain apples (the white ones), cinnamon apples (the brown ones), and we canned the cinnamon syrup that can be used for pancakes or waffles. Ashlynn was disappointed that they all sealed because she wanted the excuse to eat some right away. Maybe I'll open some soon so she can try them. Maybe next year I will can apple sauce and pears (if our pear tree produces more than 4 pears like it did this year).
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Canning
I had my first canning experience this last week. A friend that we know from Washington, who now lives here, came over to help me can apples from our apple tree. We have a little tree, but it was loaded with apples that I didn't know what to do with. I decided to embark on my first canning experience, and it was a lot of fun. Here is the finished product. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow! I am thoroughly impressed! I have never canned, but ordered a bunch of pears through church so I will be venturing into new territory as well soon!!
I love to can but that is always a drawback. It is a lot of work and the jars look so pretty. It is always hard to open that first jar. My kids don't have a problem though. They have been spoiled and don't like commercial canned items anymore - not that I blame them.
Post a Comment