My children have some great friends in the neighborhood and love to spend time with them. The funny thing is that now the weather is a little nicer it seems they spend more time across the street then they do at home. Our neighbor across the street has a trampoline and a swing set in their backyard and apparently a nice place to play in the dirt because they come home every night looking like someone that has lived on the street for a couple of years. I swear, I'm afraid to put anything nice on them to wear because it always comes home looking like it has been through a war. Also, my kids definitely have a lot to learn in the manners department. They feel so at home, they will go over to another neighbors house and just walk in without knocking. I guess it's true with children (mine anyway) as it is with cats that if you let them in your house once or heaven forbid actually feed them they think they can just move right in. I knew the minute this neighbor let my children in her house a couple months ago that she was in for it. Well, I was right. She's a really nice sister in our ward that is about my age and has young children. But I think the real draw is they have a baby that my girls love to play with and of course they have a dog. Ashlynn has wanted a dog forever, according to her, but will have to actually wait forever because she is not getting a dog anytime soon. I just hope they don't start the habit of just walking in and going to their refrigerator and getting something to eat. If anyone does something like that it would be Taylor. I'm glad they have friends but we are trying hard to teach them that people have doors for a reason, and of course their neighbors schedules don't revolve around us and our schedule. My kids seem to think that if we are home and they have time to play that their friends should be home and most definitely should want to play. They don't understand that anyone would not have time to stop and play when they ask. They seem to follow the sentiments of a lot of people here in the U.S. They have an entitlement complex. That is one of my pet peeves so that is definitely going to change whether they like it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
we have a neighbor friend that opens our refrigerator.
"S, what are doing?"
"Just looking to see what you have to drink . . ."
Manners are hard when kids feel at home in someone else home. good luck!
Post a Comment