Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ashlynn

It is the last week of school and Ashlynn will be finishing up here first grade year. I look back and wonder where the time has gone. She seems to be growing up right before our eyes. She, in some ways, is so mature. She has taken on the role of mother to all the kids in the neighborhood. She likes to help take care of the little girl across the street. She asks if she can change her diaper and get her dressed. In a lot of ways she is very shy but she has no scruples when it comes to taking care of a baby. When we woke up Saturday morning she was watching the news instead of her usual Sat. morning cartoons. She asked me if she was grown up because she was watching the news instead of cartoons. If that is the criteria for being a grown-up then I still have some growing up to do because there are some cartoons I would rather watch in place of the news.

Last week, at her school field day, she took home a first place ribbon for the first grade girls mini-marathon (which was really only about a quarter of a mile). She was happy about it but was not prideful in any way, which makes me smile, and hopefully that means John and I are doing something right. She is very considerate and is always thinking about others. It is not a rare occasion to find sweet notes on our pillow at night when we go to bed. She even leaves grandma notes on her pillow as well. Her latest said "Dear Betty, (I think it's cute that she called her Betty) You are the bestest grandma ever and the sweetest too. I love you. Love, Ashlynn". No offense to grandma Prestwich and Skousen. I'm sure she thinks you are the bestest grandmas as well. She's just a sweet girl, and we are so blessed to have her.

2 comments:

Jen said...

She is just so cute!! Corbin can't wait to see her this summer.

Oh and I hope you guys will have room for a ton of clothes/shoes I have for Braden, I cleaned out all of Gavin's stuff and you will get to inherit it all!

McClains said...

Hey Stephanie,
This is Jen from the Benson Hill Ward and due to some issues with our apt we are looking to move elsewhere. We were curious as to if you guys are renting or would be willing to rent your house out. Let me know, thanks!
jenmcclain24@hotmail.com