Thursday, May 21, 2009

Anniversary

Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary. It's easy to remember because we were married in 2000. When I get old and senile, at least I will be able to figure out our years of marriage. I won't have to do a lot of math in my head. But then again, if I'm senile I may not remember what year it is at the time so it won't really matter. Anyway, here is my tribute to my wonderful husband.
John is an amazing person and doesn't let a day go by without making me laugh. Some days it may be harder than others depending on my mood, but he usually succeeds. He is always trying to improve himself and learn new things which is why he loves to serve in the church. Each new calling brings new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow which John just soaks up like a sponge. He's an amazing dad, maybe not as patient as he would like to be sometimes, but he has so much love for our kids and they can see that every day. Now that he has Saturdays off, he has started the tradition that he makes the kids (and me) pancakes on Sat. mornings. The kids love it, and quite frankly, so does mom! He's always willing to help around the house. I think he might be a better cleaner than I am, and he is definitely better at all the laundry stuff. I get one load in and start doing other things and forget about it until hours later so I don't get much done in one day. He will shovel the laundry in and out and even fold all the clothes all in the same day. What a concept! What a husband! He's a great man and I love him dearly. I'm truly blessed to have him in my life and eternity. There are not many men that would put up with my sports 'addiction'. Some might even be intimidated my it, but not John. On that note: Since the Suns didn't make the playoffs (fingers crossed for the draft), and the Jazz are out, I'm throwing my hat in for anyone BUT the Lakers (blahhh). Even though the Cavs lost last night by one point I still think they could go all the way this year. Let's all 'witness' the amazingness that is Lebron James. With that being said, which most of you could care less, I'd just like to say these last nine years have flown by but have been amazing. I am truly blessed!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! 9 years already? We just had #11. By the way, we went to Jill's wedding. It was really nice. I'm so happy she's hitched!

Prestwich Family said...

Happy Aniversary! And your post just cracked me up! Love how you had to just throw in your 2 cents worth about sports. We were just telling my Dad the other day about what a sports fanatic you are. I couldn't think of a sport you wouldn't watch! Can't wait to see you guys!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!!