Monday, January 12, 2009
"Tall Tell" Brayden
Brayden is already mastering the art of the 'Tall Tell'. He can make something so simple into the most dramatic, amazing story. You know the ones I'm talking about. Like the fish story where you catch an 8 inch fish and by the time you tell the story to your friends it turns into a 2 foot fish!? Here's an example. This morning Brayden comes running in all upset and crazy telling me something about his bed and how it grew to be "This tall"...(he proceeded to put his hand over his head). He said "mom come see, come see it's this tall" ...(again with the hand up above his head). I said just a minute and he started freaking out like the house was on fire so I decided I should go and take a look. What did my hazel sometimes green eyes depending on what I'm wearing appear? Brayden's mattress, (since he doesn't have a bed just a mattress and won't have a bed until we can move into our own house), was sitting about 3 inches off the ground on one corner resting on his pillow. I had just stripped the beds of their sheets to be washed and I guess I dropped one end on the pillow. Who knew that such an act could produce a frantic Brayden thinking his mattress is growing even to the point of it reaching a height taller than he. After explaining that his mattress is not growing and it will look normal again after the sheets are washed and I make his bed, he calmed down and went on his way. Our life is never boring with Brayden around. It might become even more exciting if he decides to become an avid fisherman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment