Tuesday, September 28, 2010
The phone is ringing......"Places Everyone!"
Every week there is a sign up sheet that is passed around Relief Society. This is to sign up for service opportunities during the coming week. We can check what we would be willing to do if there is a need such as take a meal to someone, babysit, make a phone call, or write a letter. Every week this is sent around the same thoughts always cross my mind. Most of those things I would be happy to do, but one. Make a phone call. My kids do not allow me to have a quiet meaningful conversation with anyone, especially over the phone. I think they get together and plan what they are all going to do if mom gets on the phone. This is how I imagine their little planning meeting goes. "When mom gets on the phone I want you to start crying (Blake), and I want you (Brayden) to fall down and hurt yourself and start screaming like you just cut your arm off. I want you (Taylor) to whine and whine that you are hungry, and I (Ashlynn) will pester her over and over because I have a question even though it is not important and is something I could just as easily wait until after she gets off the phone to ask but I just want and answer now. If I don't get the answer I want then I will proceed to whine and whine until she gives me the answer I want or sends me to my room." So, if any of you call me on the phone and I have to stop every few seconds to talk (or sometimes maybe even raise my voice a little) to my children please understand that they have a plan and they are very good at executing their plans. I do love to talk to adults but my kids would rather I only talk and pay attention to them. Maybe I should start coming up with a plan of my own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Great post. I am sure Kendell feels the same way.
That is so hilarious...only cause my turn hasn't come around...I will wait a couple more years and I'm sure my turn is coming!
Post a Comment