We just got back from a 10 day vacation in Arizona. I know, people always ask me why we would want to vacation in Arizona during the summer. Well, Arizona is not all desert you know. We spent the first part of our vacation up in the White Mountains camping and the weather was wonderful. We all had a great time. My dad has a quad with which he pulls these homemade train cars. There are about five cars and each has enough room for two and has a play steering wheel. All the kids loved the train. I will post pictures later. There were about 70 people (Skousen reunion) camping with us. It was the first time my family (seven siblings and families) could all be together in many years. We got to fish, play games, every night play capture the flag, eat tons of yummy food, play horseshoes, learn more about our heritage, relax in a hammock, ride on the quads, and just all around have a great time. I guess I should mention though, that it was the real kind of camping. The no showering, tent sleeping, potty on tree and not on your shoes type of camping. It was interesting trying to teach little girls how to potty in the wilderness.
The second part of our trip was spent in the heat but we had a pool to keep us cool. My kids love grandma and grandpa's pool. They also love the fact that they have a HUGE T.V to play the wii. All in all it was a great vacation. Now we need a vacation from our vacation.
Now on to our next adventure: Moving in to our new house next week, and John's brothers wedding the week after that.



1 comment:
That was a lot of fun! I wish we could see you guys more often!
Post a Comment