Friday, February 20, 2009

Draper Temple open house

My family went to the Draper Temple Open House last night and it was an amazing experience. The temple was beautiful as all temples are. There are some paintings that I have never seen before that were amazing. There was a lot of dark wood doors, moldings, pillars etc. that were gorgeous as well. The kids loved it! The two girls said they liked the baptismal font the best and Brayden, being the three year old that he is, said he liked the cookies they served after the open house the best. The whole open house was so well organized I was totally impressed. They had three stake centers each coded with their own color where people would park. After watching a short video on temples at the church we would board a bus to the temple. After the tour of the temple and refreshments at the church next door we boarded the bus again and it took us back to the Stake center where our car was. Even though the temple hasn't been dedicated yet there still was a great reverence there, especially in the Celestial room. When entering that room members, kids, and non-members alike all seemed to feel the significance of that room and it was the quietest room on the whole temple tour. It was great to go through the temple with my family. The last temple Open House I went to I was in Young Woman's. It was amazing to experience that with my family. I asked the kids how they felt when the were in the temple and Ashlynn commented that it made her feel like she wanted to come back as soon as she could and come a lot. I can see her start to recognize spiritual things and how special they can be. I can see how she is preparing herself for her baptism this year even though she may not realize it. The gospel is an amazing thing and a great blessing. This is an experience that my kids will remember their whole lives, I hope.

No comments: