Christmas time seems to creep up on me and before I know it I'm wondering where the time went. This time of year is crazy for our family. John works long hours so I pretty much have to plan everything and make it through the month as best I can by myself. I'm just grateful he was able to put our Christmas Lights up outside. As much as the kids were whining about it I thought I was going to have to bring out the ladder and do it myself.
I also wonder why we insist on packing our month with so much stuff that we really can't enjoy the season until it's over. These are just some of the things we try and pack into the month: Activity Days party (my calling), work party, ward party, two school class parties, Relief society activity, family party, visiting and home teaching, all the shopping, wrapping, and holiday baking. On top of that, we are planning a trip to Arizona. All this sometimes clouds what we should really be thinking this time of year. We truly are grateful for the birth of our Savior and the time set aside to really contemplate and celebrate this wonderful event. Nothing can compare or take away from the truthfulness of this event and it's importance for us in our lives. As crazy as this time of year becomes every year, first and foremost we celebrate Jesus Christ and are grateful to him for the miracle of his birth.



No comments:
Post a Comment