Thursday, July 1, 2010

Updates

It's been awhile since I've written so I thought I would give an update on the family.
John....
enjoys working closer to home. When things are slow or 'dead' at the store he will come home for lunch. He is still working to get things at work the way he wants them but at least he is making progress.
Ashlynn....
is in her last week of 2nd grade. (My kids have a year round schedule at school which I'm not sure I like. But regardless of how I feel we go with it.) Anyway, she loves school and does really well. We are really lucky that she got one of the best teachers for next year. I was a little worried because the other 3rd grade teacher for our 'track' doesn't have a wonderful reputation as far as teaching goes. I'm glade I don't have to petition the school for a class change. Ashlynn is a wonderful big sister and is so helpful with Blake. She has this magic touch with him that is amazing. He always calms right down when she holds him. They look so cute just snuggling together. I think he will come to learn that he can get Ashlynn to do anything for him. She always says the sweetest things to him when she holds him. It's very sweet.
Taylor....
is excited to be a first grader. She is more of a social person so hopefully her teacher is ready for her. I'm so grateful for her because she is the only one of my children that will listen the first time when I ask them to do something, (usually). My other two it seems I have to ask 4 or 5 times to do something, but Taylor will usually say "sure mom" the first time I ask. Sometimes she gets distracted on her way to accomplishing her task but at least she listens. But on the other hand, when she gets mad, she by far has the worst temper out of all my children. But that doesn't happen very often. Ninety-five percent of the time she is so sweet and her smile just lights up a room.
Brayden....
is the same crazy little boy. He loves to play computer games and playstation. We need to regulate his game playing or he would gladly play all day long. He loves to tease his sisters especially Taylor. I just want to tell her to fight back sometimes because he just teases her relentlessly. Ashlynn has learned to fight back so he doesn't bother her as much anymore. He still is a mamas boy and I love it unless I'm trying to feed the baby or when I try to have some alone time to take a shower.
Blake...
just had his two month check-up. He is now almost 14 lbs. He is in the 80th percentile for height and 92nd in weight. His head is on the small side but it is catching up. He is such a sweet, wonderful baby. His smile just melts my heart and I just adore it when he talks to me.
We will be blessing him this weekend. Grandma and grandpa Prestwich will be coming up for the blessing. I'm so grateful he is a part of our family.
Now, as far as things are going for me..... I'm getting more sleep thanks to a wonderful husband that stays up late with the baby and then is willing to take Ashlynn to school in the morning. All I have to do is get up the one or two times the baby wakes up at night and then get up in time to make Ashlynn a lunch in the morning. I'm starting to have more and more energy which allows me to clean up most of the many messes my wonderful children make during the day. Their toy room and bedrooms are their responsibility which means they don't get cleaned as often as I would like. At least those rooms are upstairs where people can't see when they just happen to stop by. I'm starting to make some friends in the ward after a year of being here. It's hard to find friends that have the same interests as mine or at least someone that is willing to tolerate my obsession with sports. I don't really advertise my obsession but when it comes to choosing between going to a sporting event or getting a make-over I will choose the sporting event any day! John will even laugh at my obsession sometimes. I would be perfectly happy watching hours of golf when John would be bored after about 45 minutes. Just a couple weeks ago at a baby shower someone brought up that their husband was so excited about Utah being excepted into the PAC 10 conference and none of the ladies knew what that was so I had to explain. They all looked at me like I was crazy and were completely shocked that I knew all that stuff and in my mind I'm thinking "I can't believe they don't know this". Anyway, we are surviving and everyone is doing well. Sorry the post was so long. I will post pictures soon.

No comments: