Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This little guy is all boy but in order to play with his sisters he has been forced to be a little creative. The girls don't want anything to do with boy games but somehow I've found them playing games lately, that Brayden has invented, with a little bit of his "boy stuff" included. Somehow he has convinced them that it's OK. Let me explain some of the games he has invented so his sisters will play with him.
1) He is Batman fighting evil by day and a dad, cook, and maid by night.
2)Indiana Jones with his whip (he can't play without the whip), and the animals. He plays Indiana Jones and the girls are the horses etc. He gets to boss them around and ride them while he looks for lost artifacts and treasure.
3) Superheros. He gets to be Batman or Spider man (his favorites) and the girls get to be Wonder Woman and Cat Woman (even though I had to tell them that Cat Woman isn't a superhero, but they like her anyway because she has a whip. What is it with my kids and whips?).
It's always funny to me how siblings learn how to manipulate each other to get what they want. In this instance they all think they are getting their way but don't realize they are actually learning how to compromise. It's funny to watch and listen to their creative games but in the end I'm glad they are learning something, whether they think so or not. I guess I can chalk it up to this little guy and his desire to play with his sisters and stay true to his 'boyness'.

2 comments:

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

what a handsome guy!

Mel C said...

wow! Brayden has gotten so big :) It has been a long time since I had time to surf blogs....congrats on your newest little guy :) You have such a cute family...glad you are all well!