We only have about six weeks or so until our bundle arrives and we are counting the days. The kids have been counting since the day we told them they are getting a new sibling but it just seems to be a little more real the last few weeks. We still haven't settled on a name yet but we are getting closer. For me, this pregnancy has been really hard but it has been fun to see how the kids have acted. Brayden is so cute. He will talk and sing to the baby all the time. He also will rub and scratch my belly, not for my benefit, but for the baby. He always says stuff like, "The baby loves it when I scratch his back." He always informs me that he 'knows' what way the baby is sitting. He will point to my belly and say "The babies head is here, and here is his leg and over here is his elbow..etc." I think the baby has come to know Brayden's voice more than any of the rest of us, maybe even me. They already have this brotherly bond that is very sweet.
We still have a few baby items to buy which is making me nervous. I'm the type that likes to be prepared well in advance, but I'm feeling the crunch that I'm not going to be completely prepared. We got rid of a lot of our baby stuff when we moved so it's almost like starting from scratch all over again. Anyway, the count down has begun and we are very excited.



1 comment:
How exciting, Steph. Babies are fun but also alot of work. Our is coming within the next couple of weeks. We're naming him Drake. I am so ready!!!
Post a Comment