Monday, January 9, 2012

In Review

Yes, it has been a long time since I last posted. Our computer has been so FRUSTRATING lately I can't tell you how many times I've tried to post and to no avail. We might need to break down and get a new computer which is definetly not in our budget! So, for now I can only post comments and no pictures. I guess I will just write what has been going on even though it is always more fun to see pictures. I'm so sorry.
Anyway, the last few months have been crazy. A few weeks before Thanksgiving I found out my oldest brother had cancer. I went down to Arizona for a week to visit him which I'm so glad I did because he past away about 10 days before Christmas. I went down to Arizona again for the funeral. I'm so blessed that I have such an amazing husband and friends that were willing to take care of the kids and everything here at home so I could spend that time with my family.
Christmas was great. My parents spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us. We had a nice relaxing Christmas break and spent New Years Eve with friends.
New Years Day I started teaching the Sunbeams. I have a very energetic, big class but I enjoy seeing their sweet faces every week.
Taylor is getting glasses this week. We found out she is short-sighted. I guess she has more of Johns genes in her than mine. She also has been blessed with Johns crooked teeth. She's still very cute though. She picked out pink glasses which I think match her perfectly. If we ever can figure out what is wrong with our computer I'll post some pictures of her.
As for the rest of us, we are doing fine. Blake is getting very big and loves to play baseball. He has quite the arm and is learning how to hit. He is definelty going to be the athlete in the family. He still doesn't talk a lot but his speech pathalogist says he is doing ok. He is above his age level in every catagory except speech so she thinks his focus has been on developing in other areas and his speech will catch up. We will re-evaluate in 6 months to see what progress he has made.
The other three kids are doing well at school and are loving all the time they can spend with their friends and my parents when they can take time off their mission in Salt Lake.
Johns new store is doing well and he is happy to be out of the mall.
I guess that is about all for now. Hopefully you will see pictures soon. Fingers crossed!

No comments: