Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's New?

It's been awhile since we've posted so here is just a short update on the fam.
John just got called into the Stake High Counsel which means the kids better learn to behave during Sacrament meeting because mom only has two hands.
Blake has been sick the last week with a really bad chest cold. His breathing sounds like he has been smoking a pack a day for 50 years. But even with all that he still shares his sweet smile and cute laugh.
Brayden had Kindergarten roundup this week and he is so excited for next year. They gave him an All-Stars folder with a lot of fun stuff in it. It's crazy that my little boy will be in kindergarten next year. sniff-sniff
Ashlynn is doing well in school, as usual. She is the teachers pet and I'm not just saying that, it's true. The teacher gives out tickets throughout the week for good behavior, turning in assignments etc. and on Friday she puts all the tickets in a bowl and draws out a ticket and that person gets to choose a prize from her prize closet. Ashlynn was winning every week because she gets so many tickets that the teacher decided that Ashlynn can't put her tickets in the bowl anymore. She just chooses a prize for having the most tickets and then all the others put their tickets in the bowl and then she draws a winner from the rest of the class. I asked Ashlynn if the rest of the class gets mad at her because she has a prize every week and she said "no". I'm sure there will be some jealousy before the year is out.
Taylor, is Taylor.....what can I say. 95% angel and 5% devil as John always says. Her sweet smile and dimple can melt your heart but her attitude can freeze it up again. Her reading is finally taking off. She's always had the ability to do it just not the confidence. I think one of her challenges in life will be living in her sister's shadow. For Ashlynn, school comes easy, (most of the time), but not so for Taylor. But confidence will go a long way and I think she is finally gaining that confidence. It is so fun to see. I'm proud of all the hard work she is putting into her reading and other school work.
So that's it. That's what's new in our family. I hope to have pictures to post soon.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the update! Yay for Taylor, she is a cutie, lol but I agree with John's description of her, I have one of my own who is probably a little more devil. Hope Blake is feeling better, sick babies are no fun.