The week after Christmas we traveled to Arizona to spend time with my family as well as John's family. We spent New Years with my family in Maricopa. We had such a great time. The kids loved playing with their cousins and spending time outside even though it was a little cold the first few days we were there. New Years Eve my family has a tradition that all the adults go out to dinner and sometimes a movie while all the kids stay home. After adding our children to the mix there ended up being 17 (I think) grand kids staying home. We had to split them up between two houses so grandma and grandpa wouldn't come home to a destroyed house. The adults went out to Black Angus and Narnia, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. After we got home we all gathered back at my parents home and rang in the new year. New Years Day we had our traditional college bowl game day and family gift exchange. Lots and lots of fun!
The second half of our trip we spent with John's parents. My sister-in-law was able to come and spend some time with us with her new little twin boys, as well as her older boys. Again, my kids loved spending time with their cousins. The twins are so small and adorable. It's amazing that they can have adult spirits in such small bodies. We are grateful we were able to see them and spend time with the rest of the family. All in all it was a wonderful vacation even though we had a few sick kids. It always seems we have at least one sick child throughout the winter months. We just can't keep all the sick germs at school from coming home with our kids.
I wish I had pictures to post but dumb me forgot to pack our camera.
We are so grateful for family and feel truly blessed to be able to spend time with them. Thanks for a wonderful time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey Stephanie! It's Laura Trimble now Dettmar. I don't know if you remember me from EA, but I was so excited to find your blog and here how great you are doing. You kids are just beautiful. I also have a blog if you want to catch up, but I will have to invite you since we have it password protected. Just let me know and I will send you an invite. My email is lauradettmar@gmail.com
i cant beleive how big your kids are!!! they are so pretty and so handsome!!
Happy Birthday to Brayden. By the way, I've been listening to the Amazing Grace song that came on the blog, over and over. Love it.
Post a Comment